Transfer Application Information
The application process consists of completing the Online Application and the submission of academic transcripts. In order to transfer into Cardinal Newman High School a student and a parent/guardian must schedule a meeting with the Director of Admissions. To schedule a Transfer Student Meeting please contact the Admissions Office at 561-683-6266 Ext. 1050.
Acceptance into Cardinal Newman High School will be handled on an individual basis. Students must be in good academic and financial standing at their current school to be considered for admission. Students applying to transfer must have at least a 2.0 GPA.
All transfer students are placed on a 90 day probationary period.
Transfer students are not required to take an entrance exam. Parents are responsible for submitting an official transcript to Cardinal Newman High School.
Application Checklist for students wanting to transfer into CNHS:
- Complete the Online Application
- Submit two Letters of Recommendation, one from an administrator and one from a teacher. Click here for the Cardinal Newman Letter of Recommendation which can be scanned and sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit up to date high school academic transcripts including standardized testing.
- Submit any documented educational learning plan, or pertinent psychological or educational evaluation.
- The applicant will be interviewed by an administrator as part of the application process. An interview time and date will be set after transcripts and recommendations have been received.
A transfer application will not be reviewed until the student’s official transcripts and both letters of recommendation have been received by the Admissions Directors.
Transfer applicants are considered on a rolling basis and letters are mailed when the Admissions Committee makes a decision. Students looking to transfer are strongly discouraged from transferring during the second semester of the school year. It is wise to finish the semester and transfer at the end of the semester.