Parents are welcome to volunteer your support of Campus Ministry activities for credit towards the school's service requirements for parents. For all donations (goods or monetary donations), $10 = 1 service hour. When leaving items in the Central Office, please be sure your name is clearly marked. Please contact Mary Martens, Ext. 1051 to volunteer for the Days of Reflection; please contact Peggy Skantar in Campus Ministry, Ext. 1030, for all other donations. Help is needed with the following:
- 9th, 10th, and 11th Grade Retreats: Donate continental breakfast items and drinks; Help set up and serve breakfast at beginning of the retreat.
- Senior Retreat: Donate breakfast items and drinks, and/or desserts and drinks for lunch; Help set up and serve breakfast (Cardinal Newman cafeteria) and/or lunch (St. Edward's parish hall).
- Snack Jar: Donate granola bars, cheese/crackers, etc., for the Campus Ministry Snack Jar, available to all students in need of a quick snack. Monetary donations are also welcome; checks payable to Cardinal Newman, or food items may be dropped off in the Central Office, marked "Campus Ministry Snack Jar." $10.00 = 1 service hour.
- Emmaus Retreat: (February 10 - 12, 2020) Donations of snacks, bottled water, or monetary donations towards the purchase of retreat supplies may be left in the Central Office marked "Emmaus."
- Liturgical Ministries Retreat: (November 18 - 20, 2020) (See Emmaus above)
- May Crowning of the Blessed Virgin Mary (May 1, 2020): Donations to help defray the cost of roses to adorn the statue of the Blessed Mother, as well as help decorating the altar and sanctuary area, are greatly appreciated.
- Light Sewing: Help is needed in sewing simple hems on our Class banners and past Emmaus banners.
- School Chapel: Monetary donations towards the cost of providing flowers periodically in the School Chapel (Open House weekend, October and May for the Blessed Mother, Advent wreath, Easter) are greatly appreciated. If you would like to arrange to bring flowers or have them delivered, please contact Peggy Skantar, Campus Minister.