DRESS AND APPEARANCE GUIDELINES
Students are expected to keep themselves well-groomed and neatly dressed at all times. Any form of dress or hair style which is considered by the Administration to be contrary to good hygiene or which is distractive or disruptive in appearance and detrimental to the purpose or conduct of the school will not be permitted. Students, unless otherwise notified by Administration, will wear the school uniform. All clothing must be clean, neatly pressed, and in good repair. No ripped, torn, or defaced item may be worn. The purpose of a uniform is two-fold. Primarily it serves as a means of consistency in student dress while keeping costs to a minimum. It also reduces the problem of competitive dressing.
Harris School Uniforms
· Store Location: 4152 W Blue Heron Blvd, Riviera Beach, FL 33404
Harris School Uniforms may also be contacted either online or by phone.
The Cardinal Newman High School Code of Dress and Appearance is as follows:
1. The standard uniform bottoms for girls consist of Harris khaki or navy blue uniform skorts, and khaki or navy blue uniform female trousers. Belts are to be worn with the ladies’ trousers and should be visible at all times. Skorts may extend no higher than 4 inches above the line at the back of the knee. As with all uniform items, the proper fit of skorts and trousers is ultimately determined at the discretion of the Dean and Assistant Principals. Students with 3 infractions involving the fit of the skorts may be required to wear the uniform trousers for the remainder of the school year.
2. The standard uniform tops for girls consist of the Harris white or navy blue uniform polo shirt, and the white or light blue uniform oxford blouse, tucked in and modestly worn, with the waist band of the skorts or trousers visible at all times. All collars must be worn properly. Blouses and polo shirts are to be properly buttoned with only the top button left open. All tops are to fit appropriately and may not be oversized or undersized. Solid white, short sleeved T-shirts (devoid of any advertisements or illustrations) or gray, short sleeved PE T-shirts may be worn under the uniform top. Bras are required to be worn
3. Senior ladies’ uniforms also include the Harris “Class of 2017” polo shirt as an option.
4. The Cardinal Newman V-neck or cardigan sweaters, the half-zip micro-fleece, the letterman’s jacket and other approved athletic and club jackets are permitted to be worn over the uniform top, as approved outerwear. The Crusader sweatshirt, purchased from the Spirit Shack, is the only sweatshirt permitted. No hoodies are allowed.
5. Approved sport, class, or club shirts may only be worn on Spirit Days.
6. During the winter months, ladies may wear solid gray, white, black or navy blue tights or leggings under their uniform skorts. The tights and leggings may not have any lace or decoration on them. Skorts must be at regulation length when leg wear is worn.
7. Socks are not to be worn above the knees.
1. The standard uniform for boys consists of Harris Khaki or Navy Blue Uniform Shorts and Khaki or Navy Blue Uniform Pants. Uniform pants and shorts are to be properly fitted and hemmed. Both pants and shorts are to be worn at the waist. As with all uniform items, the proper fit of the shorts and trousers is ultimately determined at the discretion of the Dean and Assistant Principals. Belts are to be worn every day and should be visible at all times.2. Shorts are NOT to be worn to Mass and other Special Dress assemblies.
3. Gentlemen may wear either the Harris white or light blue uniform oxford shirt, or the white or navy blue uniform polo shirt. Collars are to be properly worn and shirts are to be completely tucked in, with the belt visible at all times. Solid white, short sleeved T-shirts (devoid of any advertisements or illustrations) or gray short sleeved PE T-shirts may be worn under the uniform shirt. A necktie is optional with the uniform oxford shirt on regular school days, but is required on Mass and Special Dress Days.
4. Senior gentlemen’s uniforms also include the Harris “Class of 2017” polo shirt as an option.
5. The Cardinal Newman sweater, half zip micro fleece, letterman’s jacket and other approved athletic and club jackets are permitted to be worn over the uniform top, as approved outerwear. The Crusader sweatshirt, purchased from the Spirit Shack, is the only sweatshirt permitted. No hoodies are allowed.
6. Approved sport, class, or club shirts may only be worn on Spirit Days.
7. Gentlemen are to be clean shaven every day, with no visible facial hair. Any student sent to the office to shave may receive a Dean’s Detention.
Shoes for all students are to be solid black, solid dark brown, solid beige, or solid navy blue leather. Trim and soles of a contrasting color are not permitted, with the only exception being deck shoes. No white shoes are permitted. Shoes must be in good condition and worn properly, with laces securely tied and/or Velcro straps in place. As with all uniform items, the shoes must not be tattered, untidy, or defaced. Shoes are to have a fully closed toe and a fully closed heel. The heel of the shoe must completely cover the heel of the foot and must fit snugly against the foot at all times. Folding the heel of the shoe is not acceptable. Shoes with a broken or damaged heel are not to be worn. Shoe laces are to be dark in color, blending with the shoe. High-top shoes which cover the ankles, boots, slippers, flip-flops or similar footwear are not permitted.
Please consult the Student-Parent Handbook for additional Dress and Appearance guidelines.